Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Life's Moments

So, sometimes I have quiet moments at unexpected times. This is one of those times! I watched Inception the other night, yes my deep moment came from a movie, it often does! After I finished watching the movie, I sat in bed thinking. I had this overwhelming feeling of how it applies to our lives. (Not the concept of the movie being dreams but a small portion of the movie. If you have not seen the movie I am going to give a way a little of it).

In the movie Leonardo Dicaprio's character's dreams were about his memories. Some of his dreams were ones he loved and wanted to remember and then there were dreams that he wished he could change. After it was over I kept thinking of opportunities or moments we have in our lives. Moments we are given, by God. Sometimes they are big and sometimes they are little.

The dream from the movie that that got me was the of his kids. There was a moment when he had to leave and didn't call out to his children so that they would turn to him. A moment where he wanted to see their faces one last time. So in his dreams he can see his children but not their faces.

I think there are moments in my life, with my children, I wish I could change; something I said I wish I could take back, a moment I got upset over something little or a to stop my plans to play with them. Little moments for us both to remember because they grow up so fast!

Yet, there are other moments in our lives as well. God moments throughout our day. Moment's God ordains for us. From a "Hi" to the clerk at the store, the way we respond to someone who upsets us or calling up a friend that comes to mind.

I often ask God to use me, do I really mean it? When it takes me out of my comfort zone or isn't in my "schedule"?

"God help me to be more open to those little moments in my life!"

No comments:

Post a Comment