Sunday, September 25, 2011

I am not ashamed!!!



I had seen this you tube video a few months ago and today was reminded of it again today during service at church. We had a guest speaker that took us back to the basics of Genesis, creation and the true sacrifice of Jesus in our lives. It's sad how we forget the fundamentals of our belief!

The guest speaker cracked me up when he said he would write a book every time he got upset about something. It upset him to hear how many people come to Christ but they don't make him Lord of their life. How so many "Christians" go to church for years but don't know why they believe what they believe!

It reminded me of this video. It only makes me sad. I did a bible study not long ago on Genesis. It became my favorite book of the bible (may change as I study more books of the bible!). The story of God's love for us from the beginning of creation is amazing. To read the book of Genesis or any other book in the bible that God has given us and miss seeing God's true love for us is very sad.

I started a bible study on Romans a few weeks back. My table has had some great discussions about Paul (the author of the book of Romans). Pauls name was once Saul (destroyer). He persecuted those who followed Jesus. But one day God got ahold of him and changed Sauls name to Paul. Paul then became sold out for God. He describes himself in Romans 1:16
For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile. I want that to be my life!

Paul also writes in Romans 1:15a; That is why I am so eager to preach the gospel, Roman 11:13a; I am talking to you...Romans 11:14; in hope that I may somehow arouse my own people to save some of them. He wanted to shout his faith to save those he loved!!! I want that kind of passion for God!

No comments:

Post a Comment